Vehicle Mounted Forklift – Moffett training course
Practical (face to face) training in Material Handling Vehicles and Equipment
On completion of training, the course members will:
- Be able to operate the truck model used in training safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook and accepted good practice.
- Be able to attach the truck to a carrying vehicle and detach it form a carrying vehicle safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook and instructions and the relevant road traffic legislation.
- Clearly understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads
- Be able to carry a routine pre-use inspection of the truck
- Introduction to the truck to be used
- Controls and instruments
- Starting, moving & stopping the truck
- Steering the truck
- 4-way travel and steering mode (if applicable)
- Operation of the hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover maintenance
- Weight assessment
- Handling pallets/containers/bulk packs/loads associated with the industry in which the truck is operating
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Driving and operating over rough terrain
- Road vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and de-stacking
- Attaching truck to and detaching truck from the carrying vehicle
PD Training is your one stop training solution
If you or your business are looking for professional training, our dedicated team can discuss your individual requirements.