Train with us
Practical training courses run from your workplace, available nationwide
1 or 2 Days (dependent on truck type)
Scissor lift practical training course
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Site and operate machine safely in relation to task.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under current relevant legislation.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding for the need of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Components of machine
- Tilt alarms
- Operators Code of Safe Practice
- Main platform types
- Weather conditions
- Introduction to machine
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- PPE recommendations
- Controls and instruments
- Overhead trapping dangers
- Ground inspection
- Limitations of use
- Servicing and inspection
- Overhead obstructions
- Emergency controls
- Moving and locating machine
- Spatial awareness
- Association of Industrial Truck trainer (AITT)
- British register of Industrial truck trainers and operators (BRITTOp)
- Member of British Safety Council
Our practical training courses can be carried out from your workplace or from our fully equipped training centre in Windsor, Berkshire.
Start your training now
Contact our friendly customer service team to discuss your requirements
Mon-Fri, 9am until 6pm