Abrasive Wheel Training
Practical (face to face) training in Plant Equipment and Vehicles
- Provides a brief outline of the health and safety at work Act 1974.
- Provision & use of work Equipment regulations 1998.
- Safety in the use of abrasive wheels HSG17.
- Personal protective equipment regulations 1998.
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels.
- Methods of construction of an abrasive wheel.
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels.
- Mounting procedures.
- Diamond wheels.
- Balancing of grinding wheels, correct method of dressing wheels.
- Adjustment of guards and rests.
- Practical exercise on all elements on bench grinders, handheld portable grinders/cutters
- Question papers
- Each candidate will have to select the most appropriate cutting wheel for the task given from the wheels provided.
- Each candidate will have to correctly mount their chosen wheel onto the machine.
- Each candidate will have to perform a before use inspection on both the wheel & machine.
- Each candidate will have to use the grinding wheel using the safe system of work given by the instructor.
PD Training is your one stop training solution
If you or your business are looking for professional abrasive wheel training, our dedicated team can discuss your individual requirements.