Manual Handling Practical Training Course
Virtually all companies have a manual handling requirement –. Under Health and Safety Legislation, there is a duty to identify where this lifting could lead to a significant risk of injury, then to take common sense measures to reduce the risk. This half day Manual Handling course is designed for any person(s) who, as part of their working duties, are involved in the moving of any objects by manual force whether lifting, pulling, pushing or setting down. The course covers correct lifting techniques, risk assessment, hazardous loads, and harmful effects of incorrect lifting, regulations, recommended weights and potential hazards.
To cover the duty of care placed on employers by the manual handling regulations 1998 to provide staff involved in manual handling with adequate training. To give employees the information to complete manual handling tasks efficiently and safely.
- Introduction to the course and the trainer
- What is manual handling as defined by the regulations
- The duties placed upon the employer by the regulations
- The duties placed upon the employee by the regulations
- Risk assessment of manual handling
- What is hazardous manual handling and how it can be avoided
- How can the safe use of lifting aids help avoid hazardous manual handling.
- The functions of the spine
- Common manual handling injuries
- What causes a slipped disk and how it can be avoided
- HSE guidelines on safe lifting weights
- The safe lifting method in theory
- Each course delegate will be given a theoretical test (multi-choice format) to assess their job-related safety knowledge
- Each candidate will have to have to demonstrate how to safety lift
- Each candidate will have to perform a two person lift with a static item
- Each candidate will have to complete a risk assessment form for a manual handling task given by the instructor
With a large scale of driver standards, we deliver tailored courses to suit our customers’ needs. All our training falls in line with the ‘Governing Body NPORs’.
After successful completion of our training candidates will receive:
- NPORs Approved certificate
- NPORs Plastic photo identification card (additional cost)
manual handling TRAINING
Practical (face to face) training in Health and Safety
PD Training is your one stop training solution
If you or your business are looking for professional training, our dedicated team can discuss your individual requirements.