Covered in this online course
Ideal for all low-risk work environments, this course is suitable for all organisations and businesses who wish to learn new first aid skills and practices, or even refresh their existing knowledge.
Course Duration: 95 mins
The course is suitable for anyone (over the age of 16) who might need to provide responsible first aid care in the workplace; it will enable learners to have the confidence required to respond quickly and effectively to a wide range of accidents, illnesses and injuries that may occur while at work.
Divided into seven structured modules, the course covers the bases of major first aid practices such as CPR on adults, children and infants. It also covers various scenarios, ranging from minor injuries such as strains and sprains and faintings, to more severe ones like strokes, heart attacks, seizures and anaphylaxis.
Our certified course provides thorough online training and assessments; additionally, on successful completion of this course, you will be able to download and print your first aid in the workplace certificate.
Aims and Learning Outcomes
The aim of this course is to provide workers with important knowledge and sufficient competency to be able to deliver immediate/initial first aid care and possibly save lives.
First aid training will increase the confidence in individuals to assist casualties and respond promptly to an emergency situation, should this arise.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the aims of first aid in the workplace
- Learn the difference between ‘appointed persons’ and ‘first aiders’
- Know how to conduct a primary survey on a casualty
- Learn how to perform CPR (on adults, children and infants)
- Learn how to correctly place casualties in the recovery position
- Understand the use of an AED defibrillator
- Learn about to choking, wounds, bleeding and shocks
- Learn how to treat burns, eye and head injuries
- Know how to deal with casualties suffering from asthma attacks, allergic reactions, seizures, heart attacks and strokes
- Learn how to respond to casualties suffering with panic attacks, fainting, strains and sprains, poisoning and drowning
- Understand first aid regulations in the workplace and the importance of safe record keeping
First Aid in the Workplace Certification
Our courses are accredited by the CPD certification service. This guarantees our courses are of the highest quality
All of our courses include a quality assured certificate, downloadable on completion of the final assessment. We also provide a link that can be passed to employers that allows them to verify your certification.
Our certificates do not have an expiry date, however, depending on the industry best practice guidelines, we recommend refreshing your training over 3 years.