Bespoke online training are courses in which the development process follows your specific business requirements. Customised corporate online training is the new trend in business. As more people opt for personalised bespoke products and services across all industries, there’s no reason why online courses courses shouldn’t be customisable too!
This blog will identify the advantages of bespoke courses and how they can benefit your business. The examples we’ll provide illustrate how bespoke learning can be tailored to meet the specific needs of learners and their employers.
What are bespoke online courses?
Off the shelf or ready made courses are a great way to get started with some basic training, however, this may not be enough to cover all the learning your organisation requires.
Many businesses choose to invest in bespoke online courses to increase employee productivity and improve job satisfaction, as they cater for your specific business goals.
The process of creating bespoke learning courses allows your organisation to get exactly what’s needed from your online training experience. Employees are often involved in the process as gathering data on their preferences, knowledge gaps and needs allows for a strong bespoke online program to be tailored just right!
The value of bespoke learning is not just in the customisation. The more tailored content and unique paths are to your organisation, it will help teams understand how information applies within their own business context which can ultimately lead them making better decisions for success at work!.
Bespoke courses are especially important during the onboarding process, where you can engage and immerse new recruits in the culture of your organisation, with all the relevant information they require. Other examples of bespoke online courses include:
- Scenario based learning
- Video based training
- Creative compliance training
- Quizzes and surveys
- Whiteboard animations
- Refresher training
- Product/service familiarisation
What are the benefits of custom online courses?
Custom-made training courses are great for businesses or organisations who want to provide their employees with a truly unique experience.
- Content is tailor-made to fit your organisation’s needs; including real-world examples and personalised experiences that are specific to your organisation and/or their workspace
- The content is aligned with your company’s learning and development (L&D) culture
- Courses can be customised to fit the changing needs of a business
- Your company will own full rights to the course
- It allows you to include your own branding, tone of voice and design style, making the learning experience unique to your organisation
- Offering staff an online learning experience that is motivating, relatable and engaging will give your organisation a better ROI and increase knowledge retention
- Save time and money – by not having to outsource to third-party agencies, you can create the courses in-house at a fraction of the cost.
- Increase employee productivity – with bespoke eLearning courses that are tailored to meet your specific needs, employees can learn at their own pace, when and where they want to. This means they’ll be more productive when back at work.
- Get ahead of the competition – with cutting-edge eLearning courses that reflect the latest trends and technologies, you can stay ahead
- Improve staff retention rates – happy employees mean lower staff turnover rates, and bespoke eLearning courses are one of the main reasons why people stay with a company for longer.
Digital transformation of your company’s legacy training materials
As employers embrace online learning, they often look to convert their existing training content. This includes training material in a previous format, such as instructor-led training, PDF manuals, old training videos, spreadsheets, infographics etc. These types of formats can be transformed into an interactive course that fits your needs and branding. Legacy content can be a valuable resource for course designers, as it can help them design a course that is more pertinent to the organisations’ L&D goals.
By taking the time to review and repurpose legacy content, you can create up to date and immersive training experiences for your learners.
How to assess your legacy content:
1. Not all legacy content is going to be perfect. Before converting your existing content, make sure that it is of a good enough quality to provide return on investment.
2. Some legacy content may no longer be applicable or relevant to your organisation or employees. Make sure that the content you choose to customise is still useful and relevant.
3. If you’re customising eLearning, it’s important to focus on the needs of your learners. By keeping your learner in mind, you can make sure that your customised eLearning course is much more effective.
Customise off the shelf courses
Choose from a comprehensive course catalogue off the shelf online courses and invest in making them your own. These online courses are an excellent way to get quick access and expertise on a range of learning & development topics. All of our original and exclusive pre-written online courses can be branded, adapted and conceptualised to suit your company’s learning objectives.
Shape the narrative
Online courses that have been customised to suit your needs are great for connecting with employees, but what if you want to take it one step further? How about making them feel like they’re part of the story through online courses entirely customised to suit your organisation’s L&D goals, where learners explore information through immersive content, at their own pace. Our bespoke online courses will engage learners through animations, videos, Q&A sections and interactions which brings life back into learning. You choose the learning path, we bring your vision to life.
Bespoke online course conclusion
Bespoke online courses are the perfect solution for businesses and organisations that want to train their employees on specific topics, while remaining on brand. Bespoke online courses can be created quickly and easily, making them an extremely valuable and cost effective tool for businesses and individuals alike. If you’re interested in creating a bespoke course for your business, PD Training has all the tools and resources you need. We provide everything you need to get started, from design services to hosting and support through our team management dashboard. Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you create a bespoke training solution that meets your unique business learning and development needs.