Transport Consultancy audit
Correctly implemented systems are vital for an efficient operation and safe operator’s licence.
A Transport Systems Audit takes a detailed look at your transport operation related management systems and provides you with an individual assessment. An independent assessor will also be able to advise on any improvements that will help ensure your operation is compliant.
PD Training can audit all your transport to ensure legal compliance and efficient vehicle operation. Depending on your specific requirements some of the issues covered will include the following:
- The laws relating to the driving and operation of vehicles used under this licence are observed.
- The rules on drivers’ hours and tachographs are observed, proper records are kept and that these are available on request.
- Vehicles and trailers are not overloaded.
- Vehicles operate within speed limits.
- Vehicles and trailers, including hired vehicles and trailers, are kept in a fit and serviceable condition.
- drivers report promptly any defects or symptoms of defects that could prevent the safe operation of vehicles and/or trailers and that any defects are recorded in writing.
- Records are kept for (for 15 months) of all driver reports which record defects, all safety inspections, routine maintenance and repairs to vehicle, and that these are made available on request.
- In respect of each operating centre specified, that the number of vehicles and the number of trailers kept there will not exceed the maximum numbers authorised at each operating centre (which will be noted on licence).
- You will notify the Traffic Commissioner of any convictions against yourself, or the company, business partner(s), the company directors, nominated transport manager(s) named in the application, or employees or agents of the applicant for this licence and if the licence is issued, convictions against the licence holder or employees or agents of the licence holder.
- You will ensure that the Traffic Commissioner is notifiedwithin 28 days of any other changes, for example a change to the proposed maintenance arrangements; a change in the financial status of licence holder [e.g. if placed in liquidation or receivership], or a change to Limited Company status or partnership, that might affect the licence if issued.
- An unauthorised centre in not used in any traffic area.
Our assessor will assist you in determining if you are observing these undertakings.
- Safety inspections
- Interviewing and training.
- Agency drivers.
- New and existing drivers.
- Records of work – time sheets, tachographs charts and pay records.
- Drivers Hours systems – Advice, monitoring, analysis, non-compliance action.
- Accident records Health and Safety.
- Disciplinary procedures.
During the course of the audit, our assessor will also advise you of the possible procedures an enforcement inspection could entail.
Following an audit, you can be confident your company has the necessary information to operate legally and efficiently.