Scissor Lift Training in Berkshire
PD Training run a large range of Material Handling courses across Berkshire, Hampshire & Surrey, including handling Scissor Lifts. Our Scissor Lift Training Course is available at a National Instructor or In-house level. We certify instructors to teach and certify others as safe and competent to operate lift trucks.
PD Training National public courses run each month at our training centres in Windsor, Berkshire. Please contact us for the details of upcoming public courses.
Our Scissor Lift Training courses includes:
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Site and operate machine safely in relation to task.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under current relevant legislation.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding for the need of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Components of machine
- Tilt alarms
- Operators Code of Safe Practice
- Main platform types
- Weather conditions
- Introduction to machine
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- PPE recommendations
- Controls and instruments
- Overhead trapping dangers
- Ground inspection
- Limitations of use
- Servicing and inspection
- Overhead obstructions
- Emergency controls
- Moving and locating machine
- Spatial awareness
When conducting training at customers’ premises we will require the following: an open area either indoors or outdoors, a number of pallets both empty and loaded, the use of any racking if available and a room in which to carry out the theory training.
If you are interested in our Scissor lift training, or any of the other material handling professional qualifications offered by PD Training, then visit our website or call our training team on 01344 830015.