Rough Terrain Telehandler Training in Surrey
PD Training run a large range of Plant Equipment courses across Berkshire, Hampshire & Surrey, including Rough Terrain Telehandler Training. Our Training is available at a National Instructor or In-house level. We certify instructors to teach and certify others as safe and competent to operate lift trucks, plant equipment and Health & Safety.
PD Training National public courses run each month at our training centres in Windsor, Berkshire. Please contact us for the details of upcoming public courses.
Rough Terrain Telehandler Training includes:
- Course introduction and induction
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 – approved code of practice
- Operator safety and observation
- Pre-Shift checks
- Defect reporting procedures
- Lift Truck stability – engineering principles and weight assessment
- Driving within simulated working conditions
- Manoeuvring skills
- Rated capacity/load centre
- Hydraulic system and use of the controls
- Stacking/de-stacking – load handling skills
- Vehicle loading and offloading
- Refuelling and recharging procedures including battery handling and housing
- Theoretical examination
- Practical examination
When conducting training at customers’ premises we will require the following: an open area either indoors or outdoors, a number of pallets both empty and loaded, the use of any racking if available and a room in which to carry out the theory training.
If you are interested in our Rough Terrain Telehandler Training, or any of the other Plant Equipment professional qualifications offered by PD Training, then visit our website or call our training team on 01344 830015.