Loading Shovel Training (Waste Master Training)
To provide quality training and knowledge in the safe and efficient operation of an excavator. This course meets the statutory requirements of the:
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Lifting operations & lifting equipment regulations 1998
- Provision & use of work equipment regulations 1998.
- Personal protective equipment regulations 1998.
- Approved Codes of Practice.
On successful completion, the participant will be able to:
- Be aware of the Statutory requirements
- Successfully operate the machine within a safe system of work
- Knowledgeable in site safety awareness
- Knowledgeable in the operator’s safety code
- Be aware of road & site travelling procedures
- Introduction to the machine
- Control familiarisation- Pre-start checks & basic maintenance procedures
- Basic driving procedures & Use of hydraulic controls
- End of shift procedures
- Road & site travelling procedures
- Excavating & digging procedures
- Trenching procedures
- Backfilling procedures
- Site levelling & ground consolidation procedures
- Theory test
- Practical test