Keep your workplace complaint with Forklift Refresher Training
What is a forklift refresher course?
Our forklift refresher course is aimed at any existing forklift operators who are formally trained to use forklift truck but require a refresh on the existing training.
How often should you refresh Forklift Training?
We recommend refreshing your training every 3-5 years.
This is a general rule, so there are important exceptions to this rule, for example in a period of absence or if a worker hasn’t worked for a period of months. Although in this circumstance it is unlikely they would have forgotten everything about their training, carrying out refresher training for drivers allows the drivers to gain confidence and lost skills, revisit best practices in forklift driving and remind operators of the health and safety issues when being responsible for the equipment. All of this is important, but it also keeps your operators and your workplace compliant and reduces the risk of accidents and injuries in the workplace.
What does refresher training include?
- Practical test
- Theoretical test
- Rated capacity & load centres
- Loading and off loading
- Operator safety and observation
- Health & safety at work act 1974
- Course introduction and induction
- Driving within simulated working conditions
- Stacking & de-stacking – load handling skills
- Pre-Shift checks & test
- Approved code of practice
- Defect reporting procedures
- Provision & use of work equipment regulations 1998.
- Lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations 1998
- Lift Truck stability – engineering principles and weight assessment
- Refuelling and recharging procedures including battery handling
With a large scale of driver standards, we deliver tailored courses to suit our customers’ needs. All our training falls in line with the ‘Governing Body Brittops’.
After successful completion of our training candidates will receive:
- BRITTOp Approved certificate of basic training
- Plastic photo identification card (additional cost)