Course Description: Paediatric First Aid
This Paediatric First Aid course is suitable for anyone who cares for young children and infants, whether in a professional setting (nannies, teachers, baby-sitters etc.) or in a private context (family, household etc.).
The course provides learners with the theoretical skills, knowledge and confidence to respond effectively, should they ever be faced with a paediatric emergency.
Course Duration: Approx 70 mins
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Know how to conduct a primary survey on a child
- Know how to administer CPR to a child or an infant
- Understand how to conduct a secondary survey
- Know how to put children and infants in the recovery position
- Be able to deal with and respond to choking, wounds and bleeding in children and infants
- Be able to deal with and respond to burns and scalds, eye and head injuries
- Know how to care for young children suffering from asthma, allergic reactions, croup disease, nosebleeds, epilepsy, febrile convulsions, hyperventilation and anxiety
- Understand how to recognise meningitis and sickle cell
- Be able to deal with and respond to sprains and strains, poisoning, electrocution, hypothermia and drowning
Our courses are accredited by the CPD certification service. This guarantees our courses are of the highest quality
All of our courses include a quality assured certificate, downloadable on completion of the final assessment. We also provide a link that can be passed to employers that allows them to verify your certification.
Our certificates do not have an expiry date, however, depending on the industry best practice guidelines, we recommend refreshing your training over 3 years.