Online Course Description
Everyday workers endure risky exposure to hazardous substances in a variety of workplaces.
This COSHH online training course covers all the basic ‘must know’ facts, raising awareness of the dangers associated with hazardous substances and the practical steps that can be taken to reduce or eliminate the risk they pose.
Course Duration: 90 minutes
The course is aimed at anyone who is exposed to substances of hazardous nature in the workplace, including employers and line managers, who have the legal responsibility to protect employee’s health at work.
The course meets the current training and requirements of the relevant legislation and regulations of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.
Aims and Learning Outcomes
The course outcomes will be:
- Ability to identify hazardous substances in the workplace
- Understand the ill health effects that hazardous substances can cause
- Understand the COSHH regulations, including the employers’ and employees’ responsibilities
- What considerations are needed for a COSHH risk assessment
- Acknowledgement of the importance of health surveillance for people who work with hazardous substances
Structured informative modules include:
- How to safely recognise hazardous substances in the workplace
- Regulations that apply to COSHH
- COSHH risk assessments
- Workplace Exposure Limits (WELs)
- How to work progressively through the ‘Hierarchy of Control Measures’
- COSHH related ill-health and health surveillance
- COSHH protective safety measures
Our courses are accredited by the CPD certification service. This guarantees our courses are of the highest quality
All of our courses include a quality assured certificate, downloadable on completion of the final assessment. We also provide a link that can be passed to employers that allows them to verify your certification.
Our certificates do not have an expiry date, however, depending on the industry best practice guidelines, we recommend refreshing your training over 3 years.