appointed person TRAINING
Practical (face to face) training in Plant Equipment and Vehicles
- Explain the duties and responsibilities.
- State basic requirements of legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
- Identify the requirements from basic to complex lifts
- Describe notification, liaising and reporting procedures to statutory, authority, and utility bodies when affected by the lifting operation, i.e. works, railways, highways etc.
- Identify different types of cranes and explain their lifting capabilities and limitations.
- Explain maintenance, inspections, thorough examination and testing requirements
- Set setting up, erection, levelling and dismantling requirements for different types
- Select the correct crane for specific specified lifts and utilise accessories including swing ways, stingers, powered boom extensions etc. extra ballast plus duties charts, range diagrams and specification sheets
- Explain slinging techniques for given loads including balanced, unbalanced and loose
- Specify appropriate lifting accessories for given types of loads
- Identify weights and centres of gravity for different types of loads
- Describe and demonstrate different types of communication methods for lifting purposes
- State the need to complete a reflective report following a typical lifting operation
- Identify potential proximity and underground hazards from given plans and drawings
- Identify and plan an area, with exclusion zones for different, given lifting operations incorporating safe access/egress routes for before, during and after the lift
- State requirements that allow safe site access and egress for typical lifting equipment
- Construct a safe system of work by constructing risk assessments, method statements and lift plans using given information
- Prepare and explain pre-prepared lift plan information to others involved in a lifting operation i.e. crane supervisor, crane operator, slinger signaler etc.
- Specify positioning of a crane, load and other limiting factors in relation to fixed objects
- Evaluate and explain how environmental factors and the surrounding area, external to the lift zone, can affect the planned lifting operation
PD Training is your one stop training solution
If you or your business are looking for professional appointed person training, our dedicated team can discuss your individual requirements.