Abrasive Wheel Training in Berkshire
PD Training run a large range of Plant Equipment courses across Berkshire, Hampshire & Surrey, including Abrasive Wheel Training. Our Training is available at a National Instructor or In-house level. We certify instructors to teach and certify others as safe and competent to operate lift trucks, plant equipment and Health & Safety.
PD Training National public courses run each month at our training centres in Windsor, Berkshire. Please contact us for the details of upcoming public courses.
Our Abrasive Wheel Training includes:
- Provides a brief outline of the health and safety at work Act 1974.
- Provision & use of work Equipment regulations 1998.
- Safety in the use of abrasive wheels HSG17.
- Personal protective equipment regulations 1998.
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels.
- Methods of construction of an abrasive wheel.
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels.
- Mounting procedures.
- Diamond wheels.
- Balancing of grinding wheels, correct method of dressing wheels.
- Adjustment of guards and rests.
- Practical exercise on all elements on bench grinders, handheld portable grinders/cutters
- Question papers
- Each candidate will have to select the most appropriate cutting wheel for the task given from the wheels provided.
- Each candidate will have to correctly mount their chosen wheel onto the machine.
- Each candidate will have to perform a before use inspection on both the wheel & machine.
- Each candidate will have to use the grinding wheel using the safe system of work given by the instructor.
- Practical examination
When conducting training at customers’ premises we will require the following: an open area either indoors or outdoors, a number of pallets both empty and loaded, the use of any racking if available and a room in which to carry out the theory training.
If you are interested in our Abrasive Wheel Training, or any of the other Plant Equipment professional qualifications offered by PD Training, then visit our website or call our training team on 01344 830015.